10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Bonus session for adults raising a child of an incarcerated parent.
Conference presented by Susan Magestro, Magestro & Associates, LLC
*This two hour event is provided free. It is run completely by professional Mat-Su and Anchorage volunteers.
Program is for:
- Children who have an incarcerated parent
- Children who have had an incarcerated parent
- Children who have a parent on parole
- Children who have a parent on probation
Youth will be divided into three age groups to explore the following topics at an age appropriate level:
- Overachieving vs. self-fulfilling prophecy
- Living with a secret and perceived stigma
- How to handle my anger
- Handling the visits inside the prison/how to say goodbye
- What can I do now so I do not follow in my parent's footsteps
- How do I handle my parent's re-entry
- The need for rush